Icons of Italian Wine
2 Min Watch By Barbara Castiglia and Kevin Freibott
Wine and spirits importer Kobrand Corporation recently hosted the “Kobrand Tourd’Italia, a four-city event presenting iconic Italian wine brands and principals. The collection offered wines from renowned Italian wine producing regions: Emilia-Romagna, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Veneto, Piedmont in the North, the central regions of Tuscany and Umbria and the islands of Sicily and Sardinia. Kobrand invited guests to meet with the winery principals to enjoy the terroir-driven wines that demonstrate the depth and breadth of Italy.
“In our seventh year, we are proud to once again take these exceptional brands with a remarkable cast of winery principals on the road,” said Kobrand President and CEO Robert T. DeRoose. “This year, we focus on the Northeast region of the U.S., where we look forward to showcasing Kobrand’s entire iconic Italian portfolio. This portfolio embodies century’s old commitment to quality, and it is a true privilege to taste these iconic wines and meet these principals and winemakers.”
The following Kobrand Italian principals presented their portfolios:
- Giovanna Moretti: Tenuta Sette Ponti, Feudo Maccari
- Emilia Nardi: Tenute Silvio Nardi
- Giovanni Folonari: Tenuta di Nozzole, Tenute del Cabreo, Tenuta Campo al Mare, Tenuta La Fuga, Tenuta TorCalvano
- Giacomo Boscaini: Masi Agricola
- Alberto Chiarlo: Michele Chiarlo
- Alberto Medici: Medici Ermete
- Roberto Pighin: Fernando Pighin & Figli
In this MRM News video story, Marco Sorio, Kobrand Italian Portfolio Brand Director, discusses the tour's importance and the diversity of Italian wines.