With the third season of Hotel Hell premiering this week, Modern Restaurant Management magazine asked Gordon Ramsay for his top management tips. The award-winning chef and hospitality expert notes the importance of community involvement and social media savvy.
Tips from Gordon Ramsay
- Support the community by working with a local baker, coffee roaster, and/or vineyard.
- Visit other hotels and restaurants in your community for ideas and inspiration on how you can improve your own.
- Encourage your employees and guests to provide feedback and monitor what is being said about the business online.
- Adapt to technology by allowing guests the ability to book online and/or engaging in social media to reach your audience.
- Reinvest in the business in order to ensure standards don’t slip, and keep a list of things you want to upgrade.
This season on Hotel Hell, Chef Ramsay travels to hotels in Ft. Pierce, FL; Island Park, ID; Harpers Ferry, WV; Southbridge, MA; Newton, PA; Chelan, WA; and Loudonville, OH, to delve deep into the inner workings of each business from their management practices, staff chemistry and morale to cleanliness, food and décor as he attempts to get these establishments on the right track. Among his adventures, he will tackle a hotel owner who hoards clothing in the locked closets of the guests’ rooms; a historic inn, where shocking rumors about the owners have left their rooms empty; and a family-built castle, that has fallen on the shoulders of the ex-wife.
In the premiere, Ramsay visits Angler’s Lodge to help the owner, who built the lodge with his own hands, regain his passion after a family tragedy that almost cost him his business. It airs Tuesday, May 24 from 8-9 p.m. ET/PT on Fox stations.
Ramsay’s Fox network shows, which also include Hell’s Kitchen, MasterChef, and MasterChef Junior, air in more than 200 countries worldwide. Hotel Hell is produced by One Potato Two Potato (part of the All3Media group). Gordon Ramsay, Ben Adler and Patricia Llewellyn serve as executive producers. “Like” Hotel Hell on Facebook at facebook.com/HotelHellonFOX. Follow the series on Twitter @HotelHellonFOX and join the discussion using #hotelhell.