Les Dames NY Presents a Special Zoom Event: Olive Oil, A Deep Dive with the Pros
4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Les Dames NY's Entrepreneur Committee is hosting its first Premiere Olive Oil Event on May 30. The first hour will host an esteemed international panel that will share an insider’s look at what it takes to bring this ancient business into modern times. This event is for passionate olive oil devotees as well as anyone looking tolearn more about growing a product-based business from the experts. Learn the truth behind getting a specialtyproduct into the market from those who know it best. Explore the importance of sourcing quality oil, the necessityof consumer education, building a brand to get in front of buyers, strategic social media, and standing out whilesupporting the competition.
- General Public $55
- Must register by May 20 to receive a tasting box. Tasting boxes will be provided only to full rate registrations. Students who register for free will not get the box.
- Tasting box delivered prior to the event includes 4 olive oil samples, crackers, and dark chocolate. Shipments only to within USA, excluding Alaska and Hawaii.
- Every full price registration will be entered into a raffle to win an olive oil assortment valued at over $90. Each $5 add-on will purchase another entry in the raffle.
- Ticket sales are final (no refunds)
Cick here to register.
To eat, to heal, to beautify and to fuel, olive oil has a long and storied history as an essential of daily life. Thisliquid gold has been prized for centuries, used in Ancient Egypt to embalm the dead, in Greece to anoint athletesand kings, and in Rome to light lamps and fuel chariots. Olive oil has been cultivated for over 6,000 years andcontinues to hold a place on every table. A deceptively simple fruit that nourishes us, heals us, and connects us allthrough history, quality olive oil continues to be a prized commodity, and to fuel a vibrant business world layeredwith history and intrigue that pits some of the savviest business people against this competitive market.
Featured on the panel discussion:
- Lori Jean Levy, My Global Table
- Maria Loi, Loi Food Products
- Marie-Charlotte Piro, Olio Piro
- Maria Reyes, UNFI
- Cristina Stribacu, LIÁ Premium Olive Oil
Moderated by Penny Stankiewicz, Sugar Couture
The second hour of this deep exploration event will be a blind olive oil tasting. Alexis Kerner of the Olive Oil Workshop will lead you through an educational tasting of olive oil. Learn how to tell good from bad, what quality really means, navigate the labels, the meaning of awards, and how to communicate this experience to your consumer.